Pregnancy is a time of change for woman, both physically and emotionally. Massage at this time is a wonderful way to help take care of the bodies
needs. Pregnancy massage is designed to focus on the specific needs of the pregnant woman.
The discomforts of pregnancy such as neck and back pain, shoulder stiffness, sore feet, swelling (edema), fatigue, stress, and hip pain can be
lessened with massage.
Prenatal massage is a great addition to good health care during pregnancy. Massage has proven to be very beneficial for some of the discomforts
associated with the changes caused by weight gain and the hormonal influences on the weight bearing joints. Massage may be received in all stages
of pregnancy, including prenatal, labor and delivery, postpartum, and Cesarian recovery.
Benefits of Massage
- Provides emotional support
- Relieves muscle spasms, cramps, and myofascial pain
- Increases blood and lymph circulation
- Improves labor outcomes
- Relaxation and stress reduction
- Immune system enhancement
- Reduction of leg swelling
- Reduction of strain and dysfunction in weight bearing joints
- Increases secretion of prolactin, the hormone responsible for milk production and the mothering instinct
- Alleviate muscle strain and soreness produced by the labor and delivery process
- Promote structural realignment of the pelvic region
- Facilitate healing from Cesarean section
- Reduces feelings of depression, irritability and exhaustion
- Facilitate the restoration of pre-pregnancy physiology through enhanced circulation and lymphatic drainage
A combination of the above techniques will be used in each massage session. Each massage session is tailored toward what the woman is experiencing
and needing relief from. Some of the techniques listed above are used for specific relief of stress on the pelvic area, an area that can be particularly
uncomfortable during pregnancy.
- Swedish Massage
- Connective Tissue Massage
- Zone Therapy
- Strain Counter Strain
- Assisted Resisted Exercise
- Myofascial Release
- Muscle Energy Technique
- Lomi - Lomi Massage
During each massage the client will be on their side, supported with pillows under the knee, abdomen and head. The client may also be worked on in
a semi-reclining position, again supported with pillows and special supports. A client who is still comfortable lying on their abdomen may do so, with
support under the right hip.
Pregnancy Massage Rates:
60 Minute = $60
90 Minute = $90
Purchase a package of 5 massages and receive a 15% discount = $255
**Packages of massages are great as a gift for pregnant & postpartum moms**
**Interested in Infant Massage? Save 25% on Infant Massage classes if you receive massage regularly through your pregnancy**
"Jennifer provides the best expertise and knowledge in prenatal massage. I recommend pregnant women to her, and feel absolutely confident they
are in the best of hands!" S.W.